* Jess Cotton & Linen Dress, White – Beaumont Organic *
This beautiful organic cotton-linen dress is perfect for styling with all your favorite accessories. It gives you the ultimate summer comfort. You can team it with high-heels for a fancy night out, or wear it casual with sandals and you will have an effortless off duty summer outfit.
* luxury fabric mixing
* 100 % organic cotton and 100 % linen
* fits true to size
* features tab sleeve detail
* side pockets
* color: White
* made ethically in Portugal
Size and fit:
* model is 174 cm and wears a size S.
* across chest: S 46,5 cm. M 49,5 cm. L 52,5 cm.
* length from side neck point S 85 cm. M 86 cm. L 87 cm.
* across hem: S 60 cm. M 63 cm. L 66 cm.
* This style is produced ethically in Portugal from GOTS certified organic cotton.
Portugal is, as you might know renowned for its outstanding quality linens and jerseys.
The factories that Beaumont Organic is working with are familybusineses near Porto. The working conditions are very good and they provide secure and safe environments with fair wages to their workers.
* It is important to Beaumont Organic to work with small factories so they can benefit from them. The largest factory that they work with has an integrated manufacturing procedure. So the produce everything themselves, starting with the raw yarns until the final procuts. The workers are highly skilled experts and bring each garment to perfection.
* The Transportation of the final products to the UK is made by road to minimize the enviromental impact cause by emissions
Made from organic cotton:
* Beaumont Organic produces luxury casual and high quality pieces, one of their favorite and most used fabric is GOTS certified Organic Cotton. You can tell by the soft hand feel and the very high quality of these garments. They showcase this ethical and responsible fabric.
Organic cotton has many benefits, to name just a view:
*you can be sure that no Fungicides or Insecticides are used
*you can be sure that untreated and GMO free seeds are used. (most of the conventional cotton is grown from GMO seeds by the way)
*the organic matter brings strong soil as a result of crop rotation, the soil can also retain the water more efficiently. So the water consumtion is much lower.
Made from organic linen:
* Beaumont Organics wonderful linen clothes are super soft and fancy. Linen is a marvelous quality because it can compensate your temperature. So it will keep you cool and comfortable on your hot holiday in the sun. It will chill you down when you are melting on an insufferable hot day in the office while you are just staying stylish.
Here are some facts to know about the process of making linen:
* Linen is made from flax fibers which are taken from the stem of the plant. They are naturally straight but also smooth. In the next step they are separated and prepared for retting. This process of drying out can take up to a couple of weeks. When they are all dried out they are left to cure into woody stalks. Now they are ready for the Scutching. A small wooden knife is scraping down the length of the fibers, pulling the broken woody bits away from the fiber. After that the fibers are heckled with a bed of nails to select the long ones for spinning. The short ones are also used but for a lower quality linen then Beaumont Organic is using. Now the traditional hand spinning can begin. Generally they are woven into sheets of linen. As you can see now linen is labour-intensive.
This is why linen is one of the more expensive fabrics. But by needing all this handcrafting it gives jobs and opportunities to many people.
Care & washing:
* machine washable
* save energy and wash at 30 degrees with environmentally friendly detergent.
* reduce washing by hanging the garment outside
* cherish forever