* Justus Sunglasses, Havanna – Kerbholz *
The wooden sunglasses from the brand Kerbholz are of highest quality standards. Each wooden sunglasses are manufactured with UV protective glasses by Carl Zeiss Vision. They are made of natural wood, high quality cotton acetate and slate. The simple and clean Kerbholz sunglasses suit with every style and provide the wooden sunglasses wearer with a classic understated look and a certain coolness.
* Lightweight sunglasses made out of natural wood, high quality cotton acetate and slate
* German steel spring hinges made for perfect fitting
* UV 400 protective glasses manufactured by Carl Zeiss Vision
* Every pair is one of a kind due to unique grain and color of the used natural materials
* Suitable for prescription eyeglasses
* Design Made in Germany
* Color: Havanna
* Size: see product pictures
A major amount of the wood that is used originates from certified sustainable forestry. The wood is then treated with a hardwax oil mix to protect the wood and to accentuate its particular haptic. To obtain the material in good condition, you can use Resinax or beeswax yourself.
Slate is a collective term for different thinly folded sedimentary rocks. Those are characterized by their easy fissility along parallel surfaces so called slate surfaces. The floating of the tectonic plates evolves these slate surfaces. Slate is traditionally used for building rooftops and highly exposed walls. Kerbholz discovered the particularity of the slate texture and haptic and uses thin veneer layers for their sunglass collection.
Acetate is one of the most significant organic raw materials. It is made from wood waste such as bark, plant remains and fiber leftovers resulting from cotton seeds that are unuseful for textile production. This wood waste is shredded in smallest components called cellulosic fibers. With the help of natural acid the cellulose is dissolved and molded into plates. Even though acetate is light-, heat- and weather-resistant, it can be largely composted to carbon dioxide.
* Production: Kerbholz attaches particular importance to the resources that are used to fabricate their sunglasses and watches. Kerbholz is therefore involved in environmental protection. They donate shares to reforestation projects and work together with Prima Klima e.V. in Nicaragua (http://www.prima-klima-weltweit.de/). With every product they sell, they contribute together to a more sustainable way of life!