* Leggings, Black – People Tree *
People Trees leggings is made from a very soft and stretchy organic cotton. An organic essential for every wardrobe.
* Color: Black
* Material: 95% organic cotton, 5 % Elasthane
* Length inside leg (for size M): 72 cm
* How it’s made: Made by Assisi Garments. Assisi Garments is a social enterprise in India. The skilled artisans at Assisi transform Fairtrade and organic cotton fibre into beautiful handmade garments.
Most of the People Tree jersey styles are made by Assisi Garments, based in South India. The fabrics they use are very soft and cosy and of course all of them are organic and Fairtade. They buy them from Agrocel farmers in Gujurat, India and turn them into wonderfull garments like dresses, leggings and t-shirts.
People Tree has been working with them almost from the beginning. For their supply chain they were the first to achieve the SOIL ASSOCIATION GLOBAL ORGANIC TEXTILE STANDARD mark.
Assisi Garments was set up by Franciscan nuns. They have high social standards and provide not only employment but also training for deaf, mute and economically disadvantaged women. Compared to most of the job opportunities in the developing country Assisi Garments provides an haven for these women. Here they can life and work in a safe and supportive environment get fair wages and achieve opportunities to improve their life by building up savings. After 3 – 5 years of employment they receive a bonus that they can use to start a home or to to build up their own tailoring business.
The cooperation with People Tree allowed Assisi Garments to grow from 8 to over 100 employees. They are able to reinvest profits to grow and to create more jobs. But also they support a cancer hospital and old peoples home in South India.
Care & washing:
* wash on low spin with mild detergent
* wash with similar colours
* do not soak
* reshape whilst damp
* flat dry in shade
* reduce washing by hanging the garment outside
* cherish forever